On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
> One thing I forgot to say : the current configReader is not able to
> process anything but JdbmIndex atm. It has to evolve to be able to do so
> (probably using reflection to do so)
in order to support all those 'dynamic extension' things talked about
in this thread
we have to depend extensively on reflection,
e.x instead of having a separate OC for each index implementation type
we need to
have a single OC like 'ads-index' with a MUST AT 'ads-indexClass' so
that we can
instantiate the class using default constructor and then inject all
the configured attribute
values into that object.

Yes exactly! This has to be done for all extension points in the server. What are those extension points?

- Partitions and their associated classes.
- Interceptors and their associated classes.
- Authenticators and their associated classes.
- LDAP Protocol Handlers and their associated classes.

I guess there might be more extension points but this is what I see off the top of my head. And these things need to be using reflection with the same MUST AT to class load the respective implementation that users might provide.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org