On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Dev,
>
> I'd like to propose two modifications for ApacheDS projects.
>
> I think the project 'server-config' should be renamed as 'apacheds-server-config' (to be consistent with others projects). It's the only project starting with a 'server' string and all other projects have a name starting with 'apacheds-something'.

+1

> I'd also like to split the 'server-config' project in two parts.
> The first part, which would contain most of the classes and resources, will be responsible for reading the server config and generating config beans out of it.
> The second part would only contain the ConfigBuilder class which instantiate 'real' server objects out of the config beans (this part would depend on the first part of course).
>
> This is particularly important for Studio.
> With this separation the first part has very few dependencies (which is great and easy to use in Studio):
> - apacheds-core-api
> - apacheds-i18n
> - apacheds-ldif-partition ('test' scope)
> - apacheds-xdbm-partition
> - shared-ldap
> - junit-addons ('test' scope)

I guess the remaining dependencies are required to be able to read and
write the config partition directlly from the local file system?

What is the plan to read the config partiton over the wire?

Good idea Stefan, this would probably have less dependencies to you'd probably then break apart the on-the-wire verses from-disk into separate implementation modules otherwise the deps follow.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org