directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steven" <>
Subject Client host name
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 03:18:06 GMT
We had problems in previous versions with the client host being set using
session.getIoSession().getRemoteAddress() ).getHostName();
Since this does a reverseDNS lookup and takes 30 seconds to time out on windows servers for
clients that are not resolvable.

We had to change all occurrances to
session.getIoSession().getRemoteAddress() .getAddress().getHostAddress()  To just use the
IP as this is sufficient for our purpose(logging)

I didn't want to open this as a Jira ticket yet without some feedback if the current implementation
you have in server-tools/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/gui/

And which ever code eventually will put the data into opContext.getSession().getClientIp()

View raw message