directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving the configuration beans to core-api
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 07:51:26 GMT
> One thing I forgot to say : the current configReader is not able to
> process anything but JdbmIndex atm. It has to evolve to be able to do so
> (probably using reflection to do so)
in order to support all those 'dynamic extension' things talked about
in this thread
we have to depend extensively on reflection,
e.x instead of having a separate OC for each index implementation type
we need to
have a single OC like 'ads-index' with a MUST AT 'ads-indexClass' so
that we can
instantiate the class using default constructor and then inject all
the configured attribute
values into that object.

--
Kiran Ayyagari