directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Use classloader with index to extract schema
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:08:21 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get Studio's UI tests working again. I updated ApacheDS
and Shared dependencies to current trunk. I had problems when using
the FrameworkRunner (which starts an embedded ApacheDS). The schema
extractor uses the java.class.path to scan the JARs for schema LDIF
files. However in the Eclipse RCP (OSGi) environment the
java.class.path only contains the bootstrap JAR. Similar issues were
already reported in [1] and [2].

Owen Jacobson proposed in [2] to use an index file that lists all
schema LDIF files. I think that's a great idea. I tested the solution
in a branch [3] and it works fine for the UI tests. I think it should
also work for other cases. Unfortunately I can't run the full ApacheDS
test suite atm.

I created the index file with
    find src/main/resources/schema -name "*.ldif" | sed
's:src/main/resources/::'
and added it to SVN
(src/main/resources/META-INF/apacheds-schema.index). A better solution
would be to generate the index file during the build, and to avoid its
addition to version control. One way would be to execute that (or a
similar) command using the exec-maven-plugin, but it only works on
Unix. A better way would be to create a new Maven plugin (I searched
but didn't find an existsing Maven plugin that scan the file system
and creates a file list).

@Owen
You volunteered to create a Maven Plugin :-) Do you still want to give
it a try and contribute it to the Directory project?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1504
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-users/201009.mbox/%3CAANLkTi=-QYedzbfWpsE850NTuqq9vvoJJ0Z5rnLzgbf_@mail.gmail.com%3E