directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving the configuration beans to core-api
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:36:09 GMT
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11/1/10 11:04 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Kiran Ayyagari<kayyagari@apache.org>
>>  wrote:

>>> in order to support all those 'dynamic extension' things talked about
>>> in this thread
>>> we have to depend extensively on reflection,
>>> e.x instead of having a separate OC for each index implementation type
>>> we need to
>>> have a single OC like 'ads-index' with a MUST AT 'ads-indexClass' so
>>> that we can
>>> instantiate the class using default constructor and then inject all
>>> the configured attribute
>>> values into that object.
>>>
>>>  Yes exactly! This has to be done for all extension points in the server.
>> What are those extension points?
>>
>> - Partitions and their associated classes.
>> - Interceptors and their associated classes.
>> - Authenticators and their associated classes.
>> - LDAP Protocol Handlers and their associated classes.
>>
>> I guess there might be more extension points but this is what I see off
>> the
>> top of my head. And these things need to be using reflection with the same
>> MUST AT to class load the respective implementation that users might
>> provide.
>>
> There are more extensions point : ExtendedOperations, Schema
> normalizers/SyntaxCheckers/Compartors.

ExtendedOperations are part of the LDAP Protocol Handlers.

And we don't need an extension point for Schema since the Schema Subsystem
already has this capability built in with updates via the protocol to extend
Schema. The schema extensions are directly loaded into the DIT and a
reflection mechanism is already in place to load them appropriately.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org