directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marcos Roriz <marcosroriz...@gmail.com>
Subject [Community] How to get started?
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 03:18:16 GMT
Hi Guys,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm a undergrad student from Brazil
that loves FOSS, distributed systems and the Java Platform. I'm finishing my
undergrad this year and I'll go directly to my masters.  I'm reading the
O'reilly LDAP book and I'm just fascinated with it. I'll try to associate
some of the directory service concepts as I advance in the masters and
solidifies (the knowledge), and try to relate them somehow with a research
of my advisor. With all this in consideration, I'm really interested on
getting up to understand and code for the Apache Directory project. I know
that the GSoC is one of the best ways to get started (have a brief in the
project). I tried to find some wiki pages to get started to code for the
project, but found none. Is there any document that explain the basics of
the project?

This year I participated for on GSoC for the GNU Classpath project. Also, I
submitted a proposal too, that got accepted, to work on Apache Harmony. I
decided to go for classpath because it was related to a topic that I'm more
comfortable (as I would work with X11).  But the apache harmony was really
great too (but I would work on javadoc which :'/). I did a some patches to
harmony and signed the CLA.

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

--