directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use classloader with index to extract schema
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:24:46 GMT
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> This schema file will need to be updated I guess when users create a new
> schema in ApacheDS correct?

I don't think so. The shared-ldap-schema contains the ApacheDS default
schema that is extracted when the server is started the first time. So
changes on the extracted schema or not a problem.

But there is still a pb when a user wants to add another schema.jar to
the classpath (e.g. of an embedded server). In that case he must also
generate the index file and add it to the JAR. And we need to modify
the code and use the ClassLoader.getResources() method, in order to
find and process all index files available in the class loader.

Thanks Alex.

Kind Regards,
Stefan