directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Community] How to get started?
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 04:54:25 GMT
hi Marcos,

    This is great, Welcome!

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Marcos Roriz <marcosrorizinf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm a undergrad student from Brazil
> that loves FOSS, distributed systems and the Java Platform. I'm finishing my
> undergrad this year and I'll go directly to my masters.  I'm reading the
> O'reilly LDAP book and I'm just fascinated with it. I'll try to associate
> some of the directory service concepts as I advance in the masters and
> solidifies (the knowledge), and try to relate them somehow with a research
> of my advisor. With all this in consideration, I'm really interested on
> getting up to understand and code for the Apache Directory project. I know
> that the GSoC is one of the best ways to get started (have a brief in the
> project). I tried to find some wiki pages to get started to code for the
> project, but found none. Is there any document that explain the basics of
> the project?
Best is to pickup an issue from JIRA[1] and start working on it, you
can find the documentation here [2], note that the documentation work
is in progress
If you want to discuss about a issue either join us on
#apache-directory-dev on freenode.

> This year I participated for on GSoC for the GNU Classpath project. Also, I
> submitted a proposal too, that got accepted, to work on Apache Harmony. I
> decided to go for classpath because it was related to a topic that I'm more
> comfortable (as I would work with X11).  But the apache harmony was really
> great too (but I would work on javadoc which :'/). I did a some patches to
> harmony and signed the CLA.
cool, AFAIU you will be granted commit access fairly easily after a
significant committment.

Kiran Ayyagari

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ [DIRSERVER] [DIRAPI]
[DIRSHARED] [DIRKRB]