directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: Moving the configuration beans to core-api
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:04:56 GMT
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <> wrote:

> On 11/1/10, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> > One thing I forgot to say : the current configReader is not able to
> > process anything but JdbmIndex atm. It has to evolve to be able to do so
> > (probably using reflection to do so)
> in order to support all those 'dynamic extension' things talked about
> in this thread
> we have to depend extensively on reflection,
> e.x instead of having a separate OC for each index implementation type
> we need to
> have a single OC like 'ads-index' with a MUST AT 'ads-indexClass' so
> that we can
> instantiate the class using default constructor and then inject all
> the configured attribute
> values into that object.

Yes exactly! This has to be done for all extension points in the server.
What are those extension points?

- Partitions and their associated classes.
- Interceptors and their associated classes.
- Authenticators and their associated classes.
- LDAP Protocol Handlers and their associated classes.

I guess there might be more extension points but this is what I see off the
top of my head. And these things need to be using reflection with the same
MUST AT to class load the respective implementation that users might

Alex Karasulu
My Blog ::
Apache Directory Server ::
Apache MINA ::