directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving the configuration beans to core-api
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:04:56 GMT
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:

> On 11/1/10, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One thing I forgot to say : the current configReader is not able to
> > process anything but JdbmIndex atm. It has to evolve to be able to do so
> > (probably using reflection to do so)
> in order to support all those 'dynamic extension' things talked about
> in this thread
> we have to depend extensively on reflection,
> e.x instead of having a separate OC for each index implementation type
> we need to
> have a single OC like 'ads-index' with a MUST AT 'ads-indexClass' so
> that we can
> instantiate the class using default constructor and then inject all
> the configured attribute
> values into that object.

Yes exactly! This has to be done for all extension points in the server.
What are those extension points?

- Partitions and their associated classes.
- Interceptors and their associated classes.
- Authenticators and their associated classes.
- LDAP Protocol Handlers and their associated classes.

I guess there might be more extension points but this is what I see off the
top of my head. And these things need to be using reflection with the same
MUST AT to class load the respective implementation that users might
provide.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org