directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does trunk have a method to load old style ldif schema files?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:57:44 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Hammond, Steven
<Steven.Hammond@polycom.com> wrote:
> Our system is probably non standard.  I do not have access to connect to the system
and import the ldif.  I need to do it programmatically during startup.  So I have the @CreateDS
and I tried @ApplyLdifFiles, but that expected the new format.

hmm, this is strange, it *will* accept the ldif file you have given.
Can you elaborate what do you
mean by 'that expected new format' is?
> If I get my dev system running, then import the ldifs, using directory studio I assume,
would that create the files with the new directory structure, then I could jar those up and
ship with the product and they would be loaded at startup, right?  I will try it in the morning.

right, but I would prefer injecting them manually rather than through
bundled jar(very likely you might get the duplicate resource exception
due to the presence of cn=schema in the new jar also)
> The old method was what I was using in 1.5.3, I don't know if other customers you have
were utilizing it to extend their schema also, but I assume so.

--
Kiran Ayyagari