directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <>
Subject Re: Kerberos codec and other codec, and a bit of 'state of the nation'
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:09:06 GMT
On 11/27/10 6:49 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<>wrote:
>> On 11/27/10 2:32 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>>> Atm I'm reviewing what we have done, and try to clean up the thing, as the
>> That won't work, as the classes are shared with the LDAP codec and all the
>> controls codec...
> You know what might help is a mapped diagnostic context (MDC). You can use
> context information in these codec classes to report what it's being used
> for and filter logs accordingly.
That's something we can do when we enter into the decoder, adding either
"LDAP" or "KERBEROS" or any needed name, as soon as we have a way to
specialize the logs and get everything associated with Kerberos decoding
in the same set of logs.

If MDC solve the problem, then let's go for MDC. I have currently no
idea how it really works. If someone want to experiment, I'll be please
to use something better than a purely static name...

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message