directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Many threads started by Ehcache when running core-integ
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:59:03 GMT
On 11/24/10 11:51 AM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>  wrote:
>>> it would have been better if I have had checked it again, this is a
>>> mistake on my part
>>> Thanks for the insight and for fixing it Seelmann
>> It wasn't my intention to blame anyone, sorry if it appears so, my
>> bad. But it is much easier to find problems to point to them, then
>> building the perfect system :-)
>>
> Nope, no way I considered it as blaming, it needs to be fixed anyway
> and I remember placing
> a FIXME tag in the DNFactory code and I didn't look at the code afterwards.
> And yes +1 for building a perfect system and IMHO it is possible
> through open communication and
> thought process like this.
>
> I highly appreciate it Stefan :)

Guys, the server code is more than 370 000 SLOCs those days. There is
*no way* we can not be blamed for what we added to the server in some
area or another : the more code we have, the more mistakes we do. This
is a simple arithmetic fact.

We do mistakes, some other fixes them, and this is how we are a good
community :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,