directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Kerberos new codec started
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 00:02:36 GMT
Hi guys,

we know that the TcpKerberos decoder is broken (it's base on a
CumulativeProtocolCodec, which is not able to process fragmented PDU).

I started to write a new codec for Kerberos which will replace the
TCP/UDP codec.

Currently most of the messages have been described on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxASN1/Kerberos+ASN.1+state+diagram,
and the missing one will be added asap. It's just a first step used to
describe the transitions, and it's really helpful when it comes to write
the encoder/decoder and the tests.

Right now, I started with a very preliminary decoder for a Ticket, with
a test (which fails atm). It's just a way to get started, but at least
all the internal mechanism is just working (ie, we are transiting from
state to state up to the point the next state is not - yet- implemented.

The KerberosMessageGrammar.java class will contain all the code
necessary to create the Kerberos messages.

It will take around 2 weeks to get it down, so be patient.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,