directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example of embedding ApacheDS in 2.0?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 23:56:20 GMT
On 11/4/10 8:31 PM, Hammond, Steven wrote:
> I am trying to utilize up to the minute, bleeding edge ApacheDS server.  Since I am moving
from 1.5.3, lots of stuff is new.  I have tried to use some docs I found and the docs I built
with doc book, but I have not found an example that works with the head of trunk.

Couragous !

if you really took everything on the trunk, you must know that we just
merged last saturday a whole bunch of modifications done in the
configuration, which have somehow broke some things that we since have
fixed.

At least, tests are passing on trunk, and the server launched from
UberMain.java is running too, so we know that's trunk is viable.

> What I have does not work yet, I am still trying different things, but not getting a
server running yet.

> This is what I have.  The first time I run it, it tries to extract the Ldifs from my
build/classes directory, where there are no ldifs.
Which ldifs exactly ?

>   Any time after that I try to run, it says directory exists and throws.

Ok. I have to try your start program, but I will probably do that only
tomorrow, in the afternoon (Paris time).

Note that the new server is totally based on configuration in DIT, and
you will have to tune the config.ldif file.

Let's try to figure out what's going in your case, because we anyway
will need to get it working !!

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Regards,