directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Renaming ADS ?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:48:30 GMT
-1

I really like ApacheDS (or Apache Directory Server).

Initials are the same for both ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio, but I'm not sure that's
really an issue.

Sometimes, some users will be confused and switch the names, or use the 'ADS' shortcut...
In the end, we always understand what they mean.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 16 nov. 2010, at 17:38, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> it's always a PITA to have users using ADS for both the server and Studio. And this is
our fault, when we decided that LdapStudio wasn't a good pick.

> What about renaming our server to Apache Ldap Server ? I know it's not only a LDAP server,
but at least, it will be named ALS, and not ADS...