directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Kerberos new codec started
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:52:17 GMT
Great, thanks Emmanuel.

Huge work on those diagram.

Building great Kerberos foundations for the future of ApacheDS.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 5 nov. 2010, at 01:02, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> we know that the TcpKerberos decoder is broken (it's base on a CumulativeProtocolCodec,
which is not able to process fragmented PDU).

> I started to write a new codec for Kerberos which will replace the TCP/UDP codec.
>
> Currently most of the messages have been described on https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxASN1/Kerberos+ASN.1+state+diagram,
and the missing one will be added asap. It's just a first step used to describe the transitions,
and it's really helpful when it comes to write the encoder/decoder and the tests.

> Right now, I started with a very preliminary decoder for a Ticket, with a test (which
fails atm). It's just a way to get started, but at least all the internal mechanism is just
working (ie, we are transiting from state to state up to the point the next state is not -
yet- implemented.

> The KerberosMessageGrammar.java class will contain all the code necessary to create the
Kerberos messages.