directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Rename project 'server-config' to 'apacheds-server-config' + Move 'ConfigBuilder' class into a separate project
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:48:53 GMT
Hi Dev,

I'd like to propose two modifications for ApacheDS projects.

I think the project 'server-config' should be renamed as 'apacheds-server-config' (to be consistent
with others projects). It's the only project starting with a 'server' string and all other
projects have a name starting with 'apacheds-something'.

I'd also like to split the 'server-config' project in two parts.
The first part, which would contain most of the classes and resources, will be responsible
for reading the server config and generating config beans out of it.
The second part would only contain the ConfigBuilder class which instantiate 'real' server
objects out of the config beans (this part would depend on the first part of course).

This is particularly important for Studio.
With this separation the first part has very few dependencies (which is great and easy to
use in Studio):
- apacheds-core-api
- apacheds-i18n
- apacheds-ldif-partition ('test' scope)
- apacheds-xdbm-partition
- shared-ldap
- junit-addons ('test' scope)

The current 'server-config' project has 21 dependencies defined and is a real mess to integrate
in Studio, especially when all you need is only accessing the config beans.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud