Very nice thanks Emmanuel.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi !

So with your feedback, I was able to wire something more decent.

Some few notes :
- As Kiran suggested, we will use the AT OIDs to name indexes. There is no risk of collision, and as he has added some .txt file beside that helps the end user (or admin) to know what is the index associated with an OID, it's a no brainer :

- The InstanceLayout class now contains the list of directories we can use, with the associated setter/getter. This class has been added into the DirectoryService class, and it's easy to use :

directoryService.getInstanceLayout().getLogDirectory() fot instance, to get the LOG directory.

Here are the available methods :
getInstanceDirectory()
getConfDirectory()
getLogDirectory()
getPartitionsDirectory() (replacing the getWorkingDirectory method)
getRunDirectory()

Some files are created automatically :
- the lock file, which will be stored in getInstanceDirectory()
- the cache will be stored in getRunDirectory()
- the Journal will be stored in getLogDirectory()
- the ChangeLog files, when on disk, will be stored in getLogDirectory()

This is yet a proposal, but we can change those defaults.

So far, I have the server starting and working, I still have to run tests to see what's could have gone wrong. Will do that tomorrow !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,

--