directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CONF] Apache Directory Development > Guide to Directory Releases
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:32:02 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2010, at 10:24 AM, confluence@apache.org wrote:

> Guide to Directory Releases
>
> Page edited by Stefan Seelmann
>

> Changes (2)

> h2. Releasing Directory Projects and Making Release Announcements
>
> |Releasing Shared|[Releasing Skins|[Releasing Skins]|
> |Releasing Shared|[Releasing Shared]|
> |Releasing Daemon|[Releasing Daemon]|
> |Releasing ApacheDS Manuals|[Releasing ApacheDS Manuals]|
> |Releasing Studio|[Releasing Studio]|
> |Releasing Studio|[Releasing Studio Maven Plugin|[Releasing Studio Maven Plugin]|
> |Releases Announcements|[Release Announcements]|

> Full Content
>
> Introduction
>
> Releasing Apache Directory Projects can be involved. This release guide will walk you
through the process first by preparing your maven and gpg configuration then by leading you
through the release of various subprojects at Directory.

> There may be a few things you'll need to setup before you can release. This release guide
is geared to work off of a UNIX based system that has gpg installed. If you're using Windows
then I feel for you .

> We use Maven version 2.2.1 and JDK 1.6.0 to build all Directory subrojects even if they
run on JDK 1.5.

> Maven Settings
>
> You'll need a settings section for the Nexus and people.apache.org servers with a password
or a path to the SSH key used. Here's what my settings.xml file in ~/.m2 looks like:

> <settings>
>
>   <servers>
>     <!-- To publish a snapshot of some part of Maven -->
>     <server>
>       <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
>       <username>username</username>
>       <password>********</password>
>     </server>
>
>     <!-- To publish a website using Maven -->
>     <server>
>       <id>apache.directory</id>
>       <username>username</username>
>       <privateKey>/Users/username/.ssh/id_rsa</privateKey>
>       <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
>       <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
>     </server>
>
>     <!-- To stage a release of some part of Maven -->
>     <server>
>       <id>apache.releases.https</id>
>       <username>username</username>
>       <password>********</password>
>     </server>
>
>   </servers>
>
>   <profiles>
>     <profile>
>       <id>apache-release</id>
>       <properties>
>         <gpg.passphrase>********</gpg.passphrase>
>       </properties>
>     </profile>
>   </profiles>
>
> </settings>
> Just replace your username, passwords and paths. Note that the username and password
is your Apache LDAP account.

> 	You'll need to provide the passphrase in the settings.xml to access the gpg secret key
installed on your host. This is due to a bug with the passphrase prompt in the maven-gpg-plugin.
So unfortunately we must provide the passphrase in the settings.xml file in clear text. This
should change in the future when this bug is fixed. Note that this passphrase is put into
the release profile which we activate to properly sign and release the artifacts and poms
via the release plugin.
> GPG Key
>
> All subprojects are configured to deploy signatures for the artifacts uploaded to the
repository. The gpg plugin will check use the default gpg key for the user deploying the project
with the release:perform directive of the release plugin. This will prompt you for the passphrase
for the default key. If you do not have one setup the build will fail.