directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One moe thing about the DS paths
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:49:58 GMT

>> -1, there is a reason we changed back to OID, it is to avoid creating
>> duplicate indexes
>> on the same AT.
>>
>> If we use alias then there is no way to check them,
>> e.x if user creates two indexes on "cn" and "commonName" then jdbm
>> creates "cn.db" and "commonName.db" which we cannot distinguish during
>> creation
> We can check that using the SchemaManager, which is available when we
> create the files. AT.getName() always return the first alias.
we can't depend on this as the schema *might* change(e.x a custom
schema) the order of aliases.
Checking for the existing indexes requires to get
all the *.db files and perform various checks on
their names (after removing ".db") but this check needs to be
performed after *every* single index
instantiation

>> Another case is to find which indexes are no longer needed when user
>> removes them from config.
> Same, using the SM will do the trick.
>> We store a OID.txt file with AT's definition alongside the index files
>> to let the user know what that indexed attribute is.
> Do we? Never saw this file.
yes, we create them

--
Kiran Ayyagari