directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuration again ...
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:30:38 GMT
On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Guys,
>
> one thing that might not be clear in my previous mails : as Stefan pointed
> out, what I'm talking about seemed to be relative to a multiple ldif files
> layout, when we want to have one single ldif file to store all the config.
>
> My bad.

ah this is the reason exactly why I used the 'defeats purpose..', I
understood that as multiple
files which we didn't want to use

> In fact, I don't really care about the file system layout, whether it's a
> single ldif file or a multiple ldif file : I *never* get the entries from
> the disk, I'm always addressing the config partition to fetch them.
yes, relying on config partition makes the location of config transparent
and we can modify even a remote server configuration
(by using a network connection based config partition on the client side)

Kiran Ayyagari