directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Studio now depends on Shared's trunk - Merged the 'shared-trunk-merge' branch
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 05:59:28 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just to let you know that I've successfully finished my work on moving our Shared dependency
to the latest trunk version (we were still using version 0.9.17).

Wow, that was fast, thanks for that.

> A lot of modifications were involved since the APIs in Shared evolved through time.
> With this amount of modifications, I probably introduced bugs. I gave Studio a full test
and fixed the most obvious one. There are maybe other ones hidden here and there.
> I'll give another full test-run on monday morning.
>
> I just merged all modifications to Studio's trunk.

The build on Hudson failed with a strange error [1]:

[INFO] Compiling 244 source files to
/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/dir-studio-jdk15-ubuntu-deploy/trunk/plugins/apacheds.configuration/target/classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0_22). Please file a
bug at the Java Developer Connection
(http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade
for duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in
your report.  Thank you.
com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: file
edu/umd/cs/findbugs/annotations/SuppressWarnings.class not found

I remember I saw that problem a while back, I'll investigate. I
switched the Hudson build from Java 1.5 to Java 1.6 and then it builds
fine.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Directory/job/dir-studio-jdk15-ubuntu-deploy/55/console