directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: ADS 2.0 layout
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:29:12 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On 28 oct. 2010, at 01:17, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm now trying to initialize the server after having read the configuration, and I have
some issues with the instanceLayout : it's not possible right now to use this layout in the
ConfigBuilder, as it's associated with the DirectoryService, but as we haven't initialized
it, we can't access it.

I believe it needs to be passed to ConfigBuilder first, which will be responsible to pass
it to the DirectoryService during its instantiation.

> I think I have to inject this layout into the DirectoryServiceBean, but this default
layout may be overloaded by some value stored into the configuration.

> The current default layout is the following :
> <directory root>
>  +-- conf/
>  |     |
>  |     +-- log4j.properties
>  |     |
>  |     +-- wrapper.conf
>  |     |
>  |     +-- config.ldif
>  +-- run/
>  +-- partitions/
>  +-- log/
>
> When reading the configuration, we will be able to modify some of those defaults :
> - Journal directory + file name (default to <directory root>/journal.ldif
> - Index directory + file name
>
> We don't have the possibility to configure the partition path (it defaults to <directoryRoot>/<partitionName>)
which is not good. Also note that the partition is not stored into the partitions/ directory,
because we don't have access to this parameter when creating the partition.

> I will add a working directory and a file name parameter in the Partition OC, plus a
way to access the layout from the directoryService when building the elements, that should
do the trick.

+1 if this is optional and only overrides the default values,
-1 otherwise...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud