directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving the configuration beans to core-api
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:42:22 GMT
Hi guys,

now that the configuration branch has been merged back to trunk (with
some bump in the road, I must admit : I just fixed some badly merged
file, which caused some errors), I'm now checking some classes that may
need a bit of refactoring : the Index hierarchy.

There is a base Index class, with two main children : AvlIndex and
JdbmIndex. There is a third child, named genericIndex, which is only
used to deal with junit annotations used to create a new server instance
(it's a holder class). I was wondering if it would not be better to use
the created IndexBean we have in server-config, but obviously, we can't
if the beans are in server-config.

I suggest that all those beans are moved to core-api, then used by the
core/server-annotations projects to store the server configuration.

That would help simplifying the Index hierarchy.

thougts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,