directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Layout, heads up
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 23:42:49 GMT
Hi !

So with your feedback, I was able to wire something more decent.

Some few notes :
- As Kiran suggested, we will use the AT OIDs to name indexes. There is
no risk of collision, and as he has added some .txt file beside that
helps the end user (or admin) to know what is the index associated with
an OID, it's a no brainer :

- The InstanceLayout class now contains the list of directories we can
use, with the associated setter/getter. This class has been added into
the DirectoryService class, and it's easy to use :

directoryService.getInstanceLayout().getLogDirectory() fot instance, to
get the LOG directory.

Here are the available methods :
getInstanceDirectory()
getConfDirectory()
getLogDirectory()
getPartitionsDirectory() (replacing the getWorkingDirectory method)
getRunDirectory()

Some files are created automatically :
- the lock file, which will be stored in getInstanceDirectory()
- the cache will be stored in getRunDirectory()
- the Journal will be stored in getLogDirectory()
- the ChangeLog files, when on disk, will be stored in getLogDirectory()

This is yet a proposal, but we can change those defaults.

So far, I have the server starting and working, I still have to run
tests to see what's could have gone wrong. Will do that tomorrow !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,