directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One moe thing about the DS paths
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:16:30 GMT
On 10/28/10 9:30 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On 28 oct. 2010, at 02:39, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> currently, the default working directory for DS is server-work, not partitions, as
defined in the InstanceLayout.

>> I'm all for using partitions, I find it way easier to remember, and on line with
the current configuration.

>> That raises some question, too :
>> - should we declare the getter and setter for the log/conf/run/partitions paths in
DirectoryService ?
> -1, I think we should pass an InstanceLayout object instead and that object could be
shared between configuration objects.

Problem is : this class is not visible from the configuration. It has to
be moved to another project then. To be discussed.
>> - the log directory and partitions directory *must* be configurable : on Linux, they
are likely to be move to /var/log and /var/run. How do we handle that ?
> I'm not sure, I handled that correctly in the Linux installers (has to be checked).
> AFAIR, it's possible to override the default ([InstallationLayout]/log] path with the
use of System properties defined when launching the server like "-Dapacheds.log.dir" and others.
I know, it's just that we have to allow the user of the embeded version
to do the same.
>> All these elements are well handled in the installers, we now have to clarify the
way they are used in the server.
> As I said, it will probably need to be double-checked in the installers.
Installers are OK. It's the embedded server which is an issue.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,