directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject One moe thing about the DS paths
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:39:41 GMT
Hi again,

currently, the default working directory for DS is server-work, not
partitions, as defined in the InstanceLayout.

I'm all for using partitions, I find it way easier to remember, and on
line with the current configuration.

That raises some question, too :
- should we declare the getter and setter for the
log/conf/run/partitions paths in DirectoryService ?
- the log directory and partitions directory *must* be configurable : on
Linux, they are likely to be move to /var/log and /var/run. How do we
handle that ?

All these elements are well handled in the installers, we now have to
clarify the way they are used in the server.

One small last thing : currently, indexes files are named using the
Attribute OID. I find it not very friendly. Can't we use the Alias instead ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,