directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ADS 2.0 layout
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 23:17:03 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm now trying to initialize the server after having read the
configuration, and I have some issues with the instanceLayout : it's not
possible right now to use this layout in the ConfigBuilder, as it's
associated with the DirectoryService, but as we haven't initialized it,
we can't access it.

I think I have to inject this layout into the DirectoryServiceBean, but
this default layout may be overloaded by some value stored into the
configuration.

The current default layout is the following :
<directory root>

   +-- conf/
   |     |
   |     +-- log4j.properties
   |     |
   |     +-- wrapper.conf
   |     |
   |     +-- config.ldif

   +-- run/

   +-- partitions/

   +-- log/

When reading the configuration, we will be able to modify some of those
defaults :
- Journal directory + file name (default to <directory root>/journal.ldif
- Index directory + file name

We don't have the possibility to configure the partition path (it
defaults to <directoryRoot>/<partitionName>) which is not good. Also
note that the partition is not stored into the partitions/ directory,
because we don't have access to this parameter when creating the partition.

I will add a working directory and a file name parameter in the
Partition OC, plus a way to access the layout from the directoryService
when building the elements, that should do the trick.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,