directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: PasswordHidden parameter
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:48:46 GMT
  On 10/12/10 8:36 AM, Pierre-Arnaud MARCELOT wrote:
> Hi,
> I agree that it could be interesting to have this kind of feature.
> Wouldn't it be more interesting to have the ability to give a list of specific ATs that
should be hidden instead.
> We have that in Studio and it gives much more power and flexibility.
That's a pretty good idea.

However, I think that this kind of protection can be better handled by
the ACI subsystem. Atm, as it's a bit broken, I'd like to keep this
parameter along until we have a better way to manage ATs.

That also means the move was not stupid, it's just that it's temporarily
useful, and probably easier to manage than a global ACI.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message