directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject The right place to create the decoder ...
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 22:49:22 GMT
  Hi,

we have a over-complicated system to initialize the decoder and all what
we need for the message processing : we use factories, we pull data
structure related to the server while we create the decoder and the
encoder, when we receive the first message to decode.

This is just plain wrong. Mina has the exact event to use when the
session is created : the sessionCreated() event, which goes up to the
handler. This is the right place to do whatever we have to do to
initialize the encoder the decoder, and put every information we need to
correctly process an incoming message.

I don't know why I didn't realized that before, because it's absolutely
obvious. Maybe because it was just working more or less, and I never had
the time not the will to rethink this part.

Or may be I'm just tired and I need to get some sleep...

So here is what I gonna do : I will sleep on this idea, and let see what
it brings, or maybe you guys have a better insight about this problem :)

nn !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,