directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Continuing the shared modules merge
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:52:23 GMT
+1
Sounds good to me.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 17 sept. 2010, at 14:49, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> as I have merged all the schema modules into shared-ldap-schema, I'm continuing to merge
the modules that does not deserve to be standalone. Here are the next targets :
> - shared-ldap-constants should be part of shared-ldap
> - shared-ldif should be part of shared-ldap
> - shared-ldap-jndi may remain a separate module atm
> - shared-ldap-converter should be part of shared-ldap
> - shared-cursor should be part of shared-ldap
> - shared-asn1 and shared-asn1-codec are an anomaly : right now, I really think those
two modules should be merged into shared-ldap, but as shared-asn1-codec has a dependence on
MINA, it's better to keep them independent. I would like to be able to get rid of this MINA
dependency, by defining the MINA references through providers, but this is a 1 day effort
I don't have the desire to do now. If someone have time to work on decoupling shared from
MINA completely, that would be a good move (well, MINA dependencies could be declared with
a scope <test>, but otherwise, we should not depend on MINA at all, IMO).