directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Continuous Integration Builds
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:57:14 GMT
Hi guys,

I setup some CI Jobs on Hudson [1] and created a Wiki page [2]. In
short the following builds from trunks are performed once a day:
- All projects (daemon, shared, apacheds, studio, etc.) are built on
Linux and on Windows
- Maven artifacts are deployed to to snapshot repository
- Studio snapshot binaries are packaged and can be downloaded
(ApacheDS will follow)
- Studio and ApacheDS manuals are built, PDFs can be downloaded, HTML
can be browsed
- Maven sites and Javadocs are generated (once a week only) and can be
browsed (soon, still in setup)

I’d like to observe how stable the builds are during the next days.
Then, if there are no objections, I’d like to post the links also to
the user mailing list and put a link to the nightly builds to the
website.

One open point is about the notifications of successful or failed
builds. Should we send a mail about failed builds to the dev mailing
list? An alternative is to subscribe to the RSS feed of the Directory
view. Thoughts?

Another open point is what we should do with the Continuum CI builds
[3]. I'd suggest we keep it as "real" CI build, those builds are
triggered by changes in SVN and provide quick feedback.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Directory/
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Continuous+Integration+Builds