directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Release process for internal projects
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:13:17 GMT
Hi devs,

I'd like to release a new version of the Skins project and have
questions regarding the relaese process.

My understanding for releasing a project (Shared, ApacheDS, Studio) is
the following:
0. Consensus to cut a new release
1. Run mvn release:prepare (which creates a tag in svn) and mvn
release:perform (which deploys maven artifacts to a staging repository
on Nexus and deploys the site to p.a.o). Additional binaries are
deployed to p.a.o for testing.
2. Launch a 72 hr vote
3. If the vote passes the staging repository is released, otherwise
the staging repostiory is dropped and + goto 0
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My question is if we use the same process for our internal projects
(Skins, JUnit Add-ons, Checkstyle)?

We also have a simplified process for releasing a new TLP pom [2].
Maybe it's an option to use this process for the internal projects?

Thoughts?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Guide+to+Directory+Releases