directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio 2.0] Move to the latest version of Shared + Use of the Apache Directory LDAP API as a connection wrapper for the Connection & LDAP Browser plugins
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:03:44 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Dev,
>
> Since Shared (API in a few days/weeks) is now on its way to be released very soon and
my work on the LDAP Servers plugin is almost over, I'd like to start the move to the latest
version of Shared (API) for Studio.

First thanks for the good work on the LDAP Servers plugins :-) And I
wonder if it is worth to create a release if you are finished, before
we continue with bigger refactorings?

> The current trunk is still using version 0.9.17 of Shared, which is getting quite old
now...

> This morning I simulated the move to the latest trunk of Shared and there'll be a lot
of work needed to match the huge refactorings that took place since the release of version
0.9.17....
> More than 2340 errors in Eclipse, mainly due to classes or methods being renamed/moved/removed.
>
> I'd also like to start working on bringing the LDAP API as an alternate connection wrapper
to the currently used JNDI.

That's a very good idea. On IRC we discussed a bit and we had the idea
to use the LdapConnection interface within Studio.

> Maybe it's best that we create a branch to work on that?

I'm also ok to work on this on the trunk.

Kind Regards,
Stefan