directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiling Studio
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 13:47:50 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Subsequent builds don't require the activation of that profile. We
>> changed this to speed up the subsequent builds. However this caused
>> problems several times, maybe we should consider to revert this
>> change.
>
> Do you really think so ?
> I think that it should be ok with an up-to-date documentation.rrrr
> It saves a lot of time to skip the build of the 'not-code' plugins (like external libraries,
help and features plugins).

I don't think we should remove the the profile, but change the
activation. With the following profile activtion (untested):

    ..
    <profile>
      <id>studio-full</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>

A normal "mvn clean install" should build all modules.
And a "mvn clean install -P !studio-full" should deactivate the
profile and hence skip the modules.

wdyt?

Kind Regards,
Stefan