directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RADIUS anyone?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:02:40 GMT
Hi Richard,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM, <feezelr@gdls.com> wrote:

> I've been talking with some potential users and they've expressed an
> interest in integrating RADIUS with their directory.

We had a few friends working on a MINA based RADIUS server a few years ago.
I think that's what Emmanuel was referring to. Eventually we were going to
integrate it into ApacheDS as another module that plugs into the network
layer as another MINA based network service.

The guys that worked on it created a RADIUS project at safehaus called
ObjectRADIUS. Due to some issues they had with their employer they had to
stop working on the project but the code did come along to some extent.

I did a quick search for RADIUS in the dev list archive and found no
> discussion regarding the posibility of integrating a RADIUS server with ADS.
>  Is there any interest among the developers in supporting RADIUS?

Integrating a MINA based RADIUS server into the mix within ADS is something
we're definitely interested in. Please feel free to investigate this and let
us know how we can help you.

Regards,

--
Alex Karasulu