directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update and release of side projects
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:39:59 GMT
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

>> 2) Project POM
>> I started to update common information and pluginManagement and test
>> them with shared, apacheds, and studio. If all is ok I'm also going to
>> release it.
>
> There are more which could be updated like, see [4] or the 'Plugins
> Update Report' of other directory projects. Some of the plugins versions
> may have been overwritten in the specific project pom.xml.
> Shall all the plugins found by the reports as well be updated as well?
>
> [4]
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Directory/job/dir-shared-site/site/plugin-updates-report.html

Yes. I started to update the plugin versions in the parent pom and
removed overrides in the specific poms, I just didn't commit it yet
because I want to test if the builds still work.

>> 4) JUnit-Addons
>> Can we release this? If I remember correctly there we were waiting for
>> an agreement of the orignal Author of the code?
>
> When talking about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1319
> (Cannot save String values larger than 64 Kb): I haven't received any
> response ...

I'm talking about the junit-addons project and think the classes are
borrowed from Mathieu Carbou (http://www.junit.org/node/589). I didn't
find any license in the sources, but the Google Code project
(http://code.google.com/p/mycila/) states Apache License, so I think
that's ok.

Kind Regards,
Stefan