directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <>
Subject Re: Continuous Integration Builds
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:58:55 GMT
Hi Stefan,

More inline...

On 17 sept. 2010, at 15:57, Stefan Seelmann <> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I setup some CI Jobs on Hudson [1] and created a Wiki page [2]. In
> short the following builds from trunks are performed once a day:
> - All projects (daemon, shared, apacheds, studio, etc.) are built on
> Linux and on Windows
> - Maven artifacts are deployed to to snapshot repository
> - Studio snapshot binaries are packaged and can be downloaded
> (ApacheDS will follow)
> - Studio and ApacheDS manuals are built, PDFs can be downloaded, HTML
> can be browsed
> - Maven sites and Javadocs are generated (once a week only) and can be
> browsed (soon, still in setup)

Wow. That's the best CI setup we've ever had.
Very well done.
Kudos, Stefan !!!

I'd vote for commits@... ML. Maybe we could also reuse the
notifications@... ML.

> Another open point is what we should do with the Continuum CI builds
> [3]. I'd suggest we keep it as "real" CI build, those builds are
> triggered by changes in SVN and provide quick feedback.

Makes sense.
In that case I really think notifications@... is the best option for
the Hudson notification mails.
It's separate from the commits list and only interested people get them.

Thanks for setting all this.

> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
> [1]