directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject shared-ldap merge done
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:09:57 GMT
  Hi guys,

I have successfully merged many modules in shared. The remaining modules
are :
- ldap-client-api
- shared-all
- shared-dsml-parser
- shared-i18n
- shared-ldap
- shared-ldap-jndi
- shared-ldap-schema

There are a few more things we could do here :
- ldap-client-api should also be merged in shared-ldap
- shared-ldap-schema is a separate module, but I think it could also be
injected into shared-ldap
- shared-i18n is a separate module for convenience reason : it would
have been painful to work on translation in another module.

We can discuss further about what should be done in this area, I don't
want to go too far and have to rollback.

The next big step will be the shared/api renaming, something I'd like to
do either this week-end or at the very beginning of next week. Then we
will probably be ready for a API/shared release.

One more thing, just to clarify my last mail about OSGi (I read it and
found it a bit like I was micro-managing) : I think that we should wait
for the next release of ADS (ie, post 2.0.0-RC1) because we will
probably do some other changes in shared (like rename it to API) and we
would like to release this asap. Working in a branch on OSGi is just a
way to be sure that there won't be any contention in this area, and of
course, if the OSGi implementation is finished before we are ready for a
release, I have nothing against merging back the branch into trunk.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,