directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Continuing the shared modules merge
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:49:34 GMT
  Hi guys,

as I have merged all the schema modules into shared-ldap-schema, I'm
continuing to merge the modules that does not deserve to be standalone.
Here are the next targets :
- shared-ldap-constants should be part of shared-ldap
- shared-ldif should be part of shared-ldap
- shared-ldap-jndi may remain a separate module atm
- shared-ldap-converter should be part of shared-ldap
- shared-cursor should be part of shared-ldap
- shared-asn1 and shared-asn1-codec are an anomaly : right now, I really
think those two modules should be merged into shared-ldap, but as
shared-asn1-codec has a dependence on MINA, it's better to keep them
independent. I would like to be able to get rid of this MINA dependency,
by defining the MINA references through providers, but this is a 1 day
effort I don't have the desire to do now. If someone have time to work
on decoupling shared from MINA completely, that would be a good move
(well, MINA dependencies could be declared with a scope <test>, but
otherwise, we should not depend on MINA at all, IMO).

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,