directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared refactoring proposal
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:27:40 GMT
  On 9/13/10 11:44 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:10 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> * asn1-codec should be merged with the client-api, and all the parts that
>> are related to MINA (the best would be to abstract completely this part from
>> MINA, in order to be able to switch the network layer)
> this abstraction layer gets complicated as we dig through, IMHO I would say
> let us leave it as it is, we are not gonna change our network layer
> anyway in the near
> future. We are happy with MINA, aren't we?
Let me explain what I see as an issue : currently, shared-ldap depends
on MINA even if we don't use MINA at all (like Studio which is currently
using JNDI). Why would someone using only this part has to embed MINA too ?

Also the only link we have with mina here is because the
LdapProtocolEncoder is implementing a MINA class to encode a message.
Nowhere in shared do we call the encode method.

This is what I'd like to get rid of.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,