directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Shared refactoring proposal
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:40:47 GMT
  Hi !

I would like to officially propose some more refactoring in the shared
and API libraries :
- first, as the API is now officially part of shared, I think we should
rename shared and the associated packages. We had some discussion about
the new name, it seems that 'api' is probably the best. So every packahe
like org.apache.directory.shared.xxx will be renamed to
org.apache.directory.api.xxx
- second, some modules may be merged :

* asn1, cursor, i18n, ldap, ldap-constants, ldap-converter, ldap-jndi,
ldap-schema, ldap-schema-loader, ldap-schema-manager and ldif should be
merged in a single module (namely, ldap-api instead of shared-ldap)
* dsml-parser deserves a dedicated package
* asn1-codec should be merged with the client-api, and all the parts
that are related to MINA (the best would be to abstract completely this
part from MINA, in order to be able to switch the network layer)

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,