directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection timeouts
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 13:10:25 GMT

> I am using apache directory studio 1.5.2
You should switch to 1.5.3 :)
> There is a very annoing issue with connections. If I leave connection open
> for a long time open it gots frozen and it takes a long time to revive it.
Plain normal.
> Maybe it is possible to add some feature to connection properties like
> "keepAlive" or something so that it is alway very quick to respond.
sadly, there is nothing such as a 'keep-alive' request in LDAP. We could
send a search for the rootDSE periodically, but frankly, considering
that LDAP is a connected protocol, that means we will potentially have
thousands of requests sent to the server just to deal with this problem.
Not sure it worth the effort... (IMHO, of course)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,