directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared file review
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:49:02 GMT

>>> I tuned the checkstyle configuration [1] and redeployed the reports. For
>>> findbugs I haven't found issues about hidden fields, but maybe I just
>>> overlooked them.
>> It's on checkstyle, not findbugs.
>>
>> What is strange is that the warning is still present ...
> Of course I could rid of all the 'xxx' hides a field stuff, but I'm not
> sure if this is really wanted. If there are some rare special cases
> maybe they can be marked as false positives directly either by
> annotation or by configuration. But using general configurations (like
> "constructor parameters" e.g.) should be the default way to go IMO.
yes. In the Checkstyle doco, we can set this to shut up when we have
parameters hidding a filed for constructors and setters. That should be
enough.

I have modified my local conf in this way.

I also have modified it to remove the warnings for missing Javadocs for
methods which are not public.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,