Hi Felix,

First off great work on the documentation. More inline ...

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:
Hi all

I just wonder what of the manual shall be release to where.

What do other projects do? Do they release documentation bundles separately or do they package the documentation with the release. I think we will probably find a combination.

Do we need to create a zip file of all the generated docs and release it
as artifact like releasing a jar file? ATM the generated docs are
deployed to p.a.o/www/directory.apache.org/apacheds/manuals for snapshot
deployment as well as for release deployment in a subdirectory
*-user-guide-{version}.
Do we need to deploy a released source zip of all?
Do we need to deploy a release pom.xml (ATM the module is
<packaging>pom</packaging>?
I'm even don't know if it's possible to release and deploy a zip.

Yes we can do that with the archive plugin and various derivatives of that.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Felix

--