On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi guys,
> now that most of the work is done for the message merge, I have a question :
> - should we keep the message interfaces in a separate package ?
> Atm, all the message implementation are in
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message, while their associated interfaces
> are in org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.internal.
> (btw, the 'internal' term is probably misleading : it was meant as 'internal
> to the server', when we had 3 different kind of messages)
> Back two years ago, we had a different layout where the messages and their
> interfaces where in the same package
> (org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message) :
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/shared/tags/0.9.13/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/message/
> I suggest we move back to this layout, if no one object.
> wdyt ?

+1 on separate packages:

o.a.d.s.l.message for interfaces sounds right at top level then maybe a o.a.d.s.l.message.implementation or perhaps o.a.d.s.l.message.default ? But message interfaces should be at the higher level package with the implementors below.

Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org