On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Stefan Zoerner <stefan@labeo.de> wrote:
Hi Felix!

Felix Knecht wrote:
I just wonder what of the manual shall be release to where.
Do we need to create a zip file of all the generated docs and release it
as artifact like releasing a jar file? ATM the generated docs are
deployed to p.a.o/www/directory.apache.org/apacheds/manuals for snapshot
deployment as well as for release deployment in a subdirectory
*-user-guide-{version}.

Are the guides created by docbook already deployed? The URL
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/manuals/
is empty ...

Do we need to deploy a released source zip of all?
Do we need to deploy a release pom.xml (ATM the module is
<packaging>pom</packaging>?
I'm even don't know if it's possible to release and deploy a zip.

Any thoughts?

>From my point it would be interesting to have the manuals (guides) be part of the ApacheDS release itself. PDF versions should be sufficient. No need to have the html in the download.

I agree +1

I have started to rework the Basic User's Guide for the 1.5.7 version of ApacheDS. This task looks meaningful to me since editing takes place in svn, and the efforts are therefore more durable. It will take some time, but I hope a presentable version will be available in some weeks.

Thanks Stefan.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org