Hi,

Actually it's "normal" that you can't see it.

The definition of the 'dc=example,dc=com' context entry of the partition is in the partition but not the actual data of the entry itself.

You can create the data of the entry using the 'New Context Entry' wizard [1] in Apache Directory Studio, or loading an LDIF file.

Some versions back, in ApacheDS, when creating a new partition you needed to provide both the DN and entry data. In the last versions of ApacheDS, you only need to define the DN in the partition configuration and have to load the data later.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_newcontextentry_wizard.html