directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin, Roy" <rbenja...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by ApacheDS archetype
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:16:09 GMT
Thank you again Kiran,

In the tortoise browser trunk-with-dependencies looks empty (almost).
But I see now that it is a link.  It built fine once I had the right
source tree.

Thanks!
Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: ayyagarikiran@gmail.com [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Kiran Ayyagari
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:45 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by ApacheDS archetype

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:08 AM, Benjamin, Roy <rbenjamin@ebay.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm I must be dense.  I've seen the trunk-with-dependencies directories but not
> understood what was kept there.
>
> I checked out trunk, but it didn't build.
strange, did you try to build whole trunk or just a single module?
anyways to get the trunk build succeed just run the below command from
the root of the project
(i.e the parent directory of the apacheds and shared directories )

mvn clean install -DskipTests

(this will avoid bringing latest snapshots from maven repo, they all
get generated locally)

> [INFO] Building ApacheDS Core API
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap:0.9.20-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from ibiblio.org
> [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap:0.9.20-SNAPSHOT'
could not be retrieved from repository: ibiblio.org due to an error: Unsupported Protocol:
'ibiblio Mirror of http': Cannot find wagon which supports the

> requested protocol: ibiblio Mirror of http
> [INFO] Repository 'ibiblio.org' will be blacklisted
> [INFO] [resources:resources]
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory D:\DS\apacheds-10-trunks\trunck\core-api\src\main\resources
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO] [compiler:compile]
> [INFO] Compiling 101 source files to D:\DS\apacheds-10-trunks\trunck\core-api\target\classes
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] \DS\apacheds-10-trunks\trunck\core-api\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\server\core\administrative\AutonomousAdministrativePoint.java:[23,47]
cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class AdministrativeRole
> location: package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.subtree
>
> [ERROR] \DS\apacheds-10-trunks\trunck\core-api\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\server\core\administrative\AbstractAdministrativePoint.java:[26,47]
cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class AdministrativeRole
> location: package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.subtree
>
> [ERROR] \DS\apacheds-10-trunks\trunck\core-api\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\server\core\administrative\AutonomousAdministrativePoint.java:[55,11]
cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class AdministrativeRole
> location: class org.apache.directory.server.core.administrative.AutonomousAdministrativePoint
>
> [ERROR] \DS\apacheds-10-trunks\trunck\core-api\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\server\core\administrative\AbstractAdministrativePoint.java:[41,14]
cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class AdministrativeRole
> location: class org.apache.directory.server.core.administrative.AbstractAdministrativePoint

throws Exception {
>>>                System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator.authenticate()
" + bindOperationContext.getName());

>>>                return null;
>>>        }
>>>
>>>        @Override
>>>    public String getAuthenticatorType() {
>>>                System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator.getAuthenticatorType()
" + super.getAuthenticatorType());
>>>            return super.getAuthenticatorType();
>>>    }
>>>
>>>        @Override
>>>    public DirectoryService getDirectoryService() {
>>>                System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator.getDirectoryService()
" + super.getDirectoryService());

--
Kiran Ayyagari